Secret Admirer: People Get Ready for Homecoming Proposals

Mustang Messenger Staff, Writers

With homecoming this month, many people are planning to ask their dates to the dance. With the pre-proposal jitters affecting a bunch of students, students around campus are curious to see how wild the proposals get. One proposal at Cy Creek had a student wearing a minion costume and holding a poster board full of Despicable Me memes. How crazy will the proposals at Ranch be?

“My friend saw the Despicable Me proposal,” said one senior. “Knowing the guy, I’m not all-that surprised.”

Homecoming proposals have ranged from traditional to outlandish in recent years. Every year, expectations among students grow as they wait for their dates to express their admiration. This year is no different, and the stakes are raised as each class gets older. The seniors this year are especially antsy, because after homecoming comes prom.

“I didn’t expect to go to homecoming, but it’s my senior year so, why not?” said Mr. Lonely (aka our editor, Shajid Hasan). “I’m planning on asking my best friend who I’ve known since Freshman year.”

Some people don’t think homecoming is all that important. They would rather just sit at home, chill and enjoy watching some TV. Others just don’t want to spend the money or time to prepare for homecoming.

“I’m not really asking anybody to homecoming.” said Professor Sadness (aka our staff writer, Mindy Cho). “I don’t really see the hype, and I’m just going to spend my time at home eating.”

Despite the fact that some people are not looking forward to homecoming, the vast majority is. People are making their mums, preparing their poster board, and getting their outfits ready. Many are preparing to ask their prospective dates to homecoming, and with that comes all the pomp and circumstance.

“After getting to know my potential date for some time now, I find that he’s funny and outgoing,” said Madame Desperate (aka our staff writer, Grace Schlafer). “So, why not ask him?”

Homecoming is closing in quickly and tickets are going fast.