Making Senior Year Count: Senior Women 2019

October 22, 2018

With the second grading period upon us, many clubs and organizations around campus are in full swing. The Cypress Ranch 2019 Senior Women are kicking off their 2018-2019 year with a full agenda, making this a year for all to enjoy and look back on with gratitude.

The club allows senior ladies to get involved around campus by participating in social events on campus as well as in their community through volunteering. It offers a place where girls of the graduating class can grow closer together in a supportive and friendly atmosphere. In addition, Senior Women also raises funds and scholarships for its members.

Currently, Senior Women are working on writing letters to teachers as part of Teacher’s Appreciation Week, to thank educators around our campus.

Isabelle Dusek, a Cypress Ranch senior and president of the 2019 Senior Women club, had the opportunity to provide more details about the club’s vision for this year:

What is the main objective of Senior Women and how do you plan on fulfilling this? 

“Our grade alone has over nine hundred students, half of them being girls. Senior Women provides a way for girls in the senior class to be involved in the community and make more friends.”

What events can one expect to participate in ?

“Each month, we plan holding volunteer events that deal with occasions around our school. We also intend on holding socials, such as painting for school spirit before football games.”

What are the requirements to be a part of Senior Women?

“You must complete five hours of volunteer work each semester, show up to meetings, and just have  fun.”

What are your own personal goals for the club as president?

“I want people in this club to be a part of everything we do, or at least try to; and along the way do good work, be kind and have fun, because we are a community at this school and we are a community as women.”

Looking to join? Senior Women meetings are held on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month, before and after school. More information is available through the club’s sponsor: Stacy McCarthy in room 2416!

Donate to The Mustang Messenger
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal