Students Visit SFA for ‘Art Day’

December 18, 2018

The Cypress Ranch Art department took their annual trip to Stephen F. Austin State University (SFASU) in Nacogdoches, Texas to be a part of “Art Day” on November 2, 2018.

Over twenty junior and senior students from various art classes offered at Cypress Ranch were selected to be ambassadors for their respected program nad to participate in demos of the various art classes offered at SFASU. Through this experience, students are able to gain new and different technical and creative art skills taught by the SFASU faculty in a wide range of areas such as printmaking, drawing, sculpting, graphic design, and film-making.

Cypress Ranch went along with other CFISD high schools, as well as other districts in around the state, to partake in this recruitment event. This gave students an opportunity to share their ideas with each other and create bonds between the art programs across the district and state.

“This is my third year going to SFASU’s Art Day,” senior Andrew Parkerton says. “I think it has benefited me as an artist, making me more versatile, and it has also connected me with some of my closest friends.”

The all-day event allows students to enhance their own abilities as an artist, and offers them an inside look at what a college-level art class would look and feel like at SFASU. By interacting with the SFASU staff through a hands-on experience and seeing the opportunities on campus, students are also able to gather an idea on what they might expect at the next level.

“Going to SFASU’s Art Day for two years now has made me feel encouraged in my abilities within different aspects of art,” senior Laura Hartley says. “I have realized that choosing art as my primary career is possible.”

The purpose of “Art Day” is to allow students to acquire more knowledge on the art they are passionate about, as well as show them how they can be pursue a potential career in art.

Donate to The Mustang Messenger
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal