Cy Ranch “Pinks Out” for Breast Cancer Awareness Month

The halls of Cy Ranch seemed to be covered in 50 shades of pink on Oct. 10 for Pink Out, Cy Ranch’s designated breast cancer awareness day. Faculty and students were decked out in their Pink Out shirts, tutus, and face paint to commemorate Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Students showed their support by purchasing Pink Out shirts that were sold during the week. The profits made from these shirts were donated to cancer research foundations, however just participating in the pink attire fun showed one’s support for the cause.

The pink in the halls trickled down into the stands at the Berry Center later that day to support both the varsity football team against Cy Springs and the awareness of breast cancer. Hot pink pom-poms and towels flapped in the air while the spectators cheered for our boys in blue (and pink).

The varsity football team rushed out of the huddle, sporting hot pink arm bands, face paint, and duct tape. The cheerleaders and Classics also displayed their encouragement by switching their usual blue and gold pom-poms with vibrant fuchsia ones.

“Seeing the students support the cause is very special to me,” said Betty Buchner, dance coach and breast cancer survivor of 25 years.

Though Pink Out is a one-day event, raising awareness for breast cancer is a full-time job–one the students of Cy Ranch are glad to undertake.

“Everyday in October is a reminder for me,” said Buchner.