Senior Women Grow Closer Over Pumpkins

Kamryn Kobal, Writer

As the leaves begin to change colors and Starbucks releases their seasonal Pumpkin Spice Latte, there is no doubt that Fall is every teenage girl’s favorite season. There are countless opportunities for crafty fall festivities that go on during the Fall months, and it seems that all girls are constantly involved in them.

In fact, Cypress Ranch High School’s Senior Women club met on Thursday, Oct. 30 in the back parking lot to paint and decorate pumpkins.

“At the pumpkin party, we all got together before the football game and painted pumpkins,” said Senior Women member Emily Honeywell.

Senior Women is a club at Cy Ranch which consists of girls in the senior graduating class. The goal of this club is to strengthen relationships between the girls and to contribute to the community while doing so. Senior Women also raises money for scholarships for the girls involved in the club.

The pumpkin-painting event was an opportunity for the club members to build relationships and strengthen the inter-club culture.

“It was so fun to be able to get to know some more girls of the club,” said Honeywell. “Senior Women is a great way to get to know the girls in your class and do service for the community. We always have a good time and I’m excited I get to be apart of it!”