Students Chosen to Work on CFTV Production Team

Kamryn Kobal, Writer

Six students from Cy Ranch’s audio/video production program have been chosen to participate in the production of the Cy Fair ISD Television (CFTV) channel. These students will gain professional experience in the video production field while gaining priceless knowledge about the production industry.

These students have the opportunity to assist in three fields: tech crew, sports anchoring, or on-air talent. Katie Main, Sierra Marlborough, and Ricky Martinez will be working as the on-air talent while Melanie Cosme, Katherine Jenings, and Katie Roemlein will participate behind the scenes as part of the tech crew.

Senior Katie Main says she hopes this opportunity of being on CFTV will give her practice for the future, as she hopes to be an anchor or reporter.

“When I go to college I want to be involved in the TV station on campus,” said Main. “I’m hoping this will prepare me for that so that I can get more experience.”

Thirty-one students from all over CFISD were chosen to be part of the production team, including our fellow Mustangs. In order to be chosen, they had to undergo many intensive auditions and interviews; these allowed them to prepare for beneficial training they would recieve while working side-by-side with the CFTV staff.

“As the demand for college and career readiness continues to increase, we feel that partnering with our students will provide them with first-hand experience and insight to the video production industry,” said CFISD Director of Communication Stephanie Migl. “Being a part of this team will also help them build their portfolios for the workforce and/or college entry.”