Swimmers Qualify for State

Kyle Roemlein, Writer

On Friday, Feb. 7, the Mustang swimmers competed at the regional tournament, which took place at the Fort Bend ISD Don Cook Natatorium and the Katy High School Natatorium. For some this match signaled the end of their season, while for others it served a stepping stone to the upcoming state meet. A total of 10 Ranch swimmers advanced in the tournament and will be heading to state.

Seniors Shane Pilkinton and Trevor Bartz, junior Norbert Madreo, and freshmen Dillon Simpson and Sean Morey of the boys swim team all moved on to state. Juniors Rebecca Taylor, Abigail Jones, and Vicoria Roubique, and sophomores Madison Kinsey and Lauren Wall will represent the girls’ swim team at state.

The girls were able to advance in the 400m freestyle relay (Kinsey, Wall, Roubique, Jones), 200m medley relay (Taylor, Roubique, Kinsey, Jones), 50m freestyle (Kinsey), 100m freestyle (Jones), and 100m breaststroke (Roubique).

On the other side, the boys were able to advance in the 400m freestyle relay (Simpson, Bartz, Morey, Pilkinton), 200m freestyle relay (Simpson, Madreo, Morey, Pilkinton), 100m breaststroke (Pilkinton), and 50m freestyle (Pilkinton).

These swimmers will be traveling to Austin to compete on Friday, Feb. 2o and Saturday, Feb 21.