King of the Court Victors Named

Kyle Roemlein

The winning team grins with their crowns.

Kyle Roemlein, Writer

Cy Ranch students got to see the “premier” men’s volleyball players take the court this Thursday, Mar. 26 in the annual King of The Court contest.

This annual competition is a volleyball tournament featuring junior and senior students with teams composed of only boys. It is one of the many fundraisers for MANE event.

The teams were coached by none other than our varsity volleyball team.  It is a chance for male students who cannot play for the volleyball team to show off their talent and have a bit of  fun with friends as well.

“I had a lot of fun competing against fellow classmates,” said junior Alex Slaugenhoupt, even though “we did not do well because we had no practice before King of the Court.”

The tournament had pool play followed by two single elimination tournament brackets. Pool 1 was comprised of the teams Super Spike Bros, Volleyball Versaces, and Limelight. Pool 2 featured the Super Sets, Goon Squad, and We Showed Up. Pool 3 had The U, Globo Gym Purple Cobras, and STAFF Infection. Pool 4 contained Order in the Court, American Spikers, and TEACH Me How to Diggie.

Two of the top teams were placed in the gold bracket while all third-place teams played in the silver bracket. Pool play games were from 5:30 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. Bracket play kicked off at 7:45 P.M.

After four hours of volleyball, the Super Spike Bros stood alone as King(s) of the Court. SSB were the favorites, after all, to win this event.