Students Show Support During Pink Out Game

Zoe Ethridge, Writer

The Mustangs rallied up for another round of pink out this October for Breast Cancer Awareness month. Friday, Oct. 2 was the annual Pink Out football game, coinciding with the global fight against breast cancer. A crushing victory against Jersey Village settled the score to show just how much the Mustangs care about the battle.

Friday was the main day to wear pink, as almost everyone that attended the football game after school wore some shade of pink to show their awareness.

“Who doesn’t like wearing pink?” Cy Ranch alumnus Jeanellie Adorno asked.

The students showed their support all day at school on Friday by wearing Pink Out shirts sold by the school, the profits of which were donated to breast cancer research foundations. Nothing showed better support and awareness than the Mustang stands being filled.

“It’s important that we all know the cause behind Pink Out and that it’s not just a day to wear tutus and pretty shades of pink,” Jeanellie said.

Changing from blue and gold to pink, pom-poms from the cheerleaders and the Classics were almost everywhere. Spreading the pink colors throughout the field, even the football players were wearing pink tape and arm bands.

Knowing that this game is important to a lot of people, the Mustangs definitely made winning the top priority.