Theatre Students Prepare for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Kamryn Kobal, Writer

Tickets have officially gone on sale for Cy Ranch theatre department’s production of the musical Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Prices start at $20 for adults and $15 for students and senior citizens. However, the early bird special goes on sale Nov. 11, where all seats will be sold for $10.

“The show is about the family of a British inventor and their magical car named ‘Chitty,'” junior Chance Jarvis said. “The Potts family and Chitty go on an adventure to the cruel country of Vulgaria to save Grandpa and take down the nasty Vulgarians once and for all.”

This debut will been the result of months of hard work, as the actors began rehearsals the week before school started. The tech crew began their work even earlier, designing and building the set in early August.

“I am most excited for everyone to see how amazing our tech crew is in this show,” Jarvis said. “They are so talented and do not get enough credit. The art department has also been working very hard on helping us out.”

With students all over the school participating in this musical, the final product will be one for the ages.

“For people coming they can expect the biggest show they have ever seen at Cy Ranch,” Jarvis said. “They can expect amazing dancing, singing, costumes, and a flying car.”

The theatre students will perform the musical from Nov. 11 to Nov. 14 at 7:00 P.M. and Nov. 15 at 2:00 P.M. in the Cy Ranch auditorium.

Tickets are available for purchase at www.cyranchtheatre.org.