Comedy Sportz Starts Strong

Shajid Hasan, Writer

A new year, a new chapter for the Cy Ranch Comedy Sportz team. The hilariously inventive improv group is back with more this year, with Director Chad Minchew at the wheel for another year of laughs. On Wednesday, Oct. 22, the Comedy Sportz team had their first performance here at Cy Ranch. The team wanted to show off what they have in store, and were they ever incredible.

“The performance today was awesome,” junior Ross Strickland said. “We had a lot of energy out there, we had a big crowd, and a big crowd always helps, because the energy that you put out is the energy you get back.”

The game between the Red and Blue teams was close, but Strickland says the competition itself is secondary.

“We had a close game but that doesn’t matter,” he said. “The only thing that matters is the audience, and we had a lot of laughter and a lot of running gags.”

With their first performance going off without a hitch, it is evident that the team will do wonderful things this year. The Red and Blue teams’ skits were worth the price of admission alone.

“We did really good,” senior Sara Bartholomew said. “Our energy was high, we had a lot of positive response from the audience which really brought our performance up to an ultimate high.”

The Comedy Sportz team’s next performance will be against Memorial High School at Memorial High School on Tuesday, Nov. 17.