Art Students Create Stockings for Children in Need

Zoe Ethridge, Writer

The Art students have officially put everything on hold to make Christmas stockings for children in need of them. Starting earlier in November, the art students started hand-making these stockings with all kinds of different designs and looks to them, decorating them to suit every child.

Working for the past month on these stockings, the art students haven’t stopped once. Once they have completed them, they fill the stockings with donated toys and other small gifts and deliver them to a preschool in the Third Ward.

“It’s been a really long process, but it’s really fun every year,” senior Rachel Occleston said.

Though creating the stockings was a long process, the act of donating them makes the hard work worth it.

“Giving the stockings away is the best part because you know someone out there is going to enjoy it, and all the hard work was worth it in the end,” Occleston said.

Hand creating something from scratch isn’t easy — for anyone. It’s a great thing that the art students get to make a child’s life, and Christmas, better. Cypress Ranch never seems to forget about Christmas spirit, reminding us all about giving.

“Giving to them is what’s really important,” Occleston said. “Working this hard wouldn’t mean anything if we didn’t give.”