Lay Up For Life Skills

The annual faculty basketball game took place on Fri., March 31 in the Cypress Ranch gym. The event proceeds go towards the Life Skills department.  The event is organized and hosted by the Teen Leadership classes.

Many of the faculty members participating are returning players from last year’s game and are coached by Mr. Cowser and Coach Samuels.  24 Karat Gold and Code Blue are the current teams that consist of competitive Cypress Ranch teachers ready to take down their coworkers on the court.

A returning player for the 24K Gold team, Math teacher Joshua Tanner spoke about the game’s purpose.

“The faculty basketball game is a great opportunity for students to watch their favorite teachers play, while still supporting a really great cause,” Tanner said.

In order to bring together different organizations within the school, some of the Cypress Ranch National Honor Society members will also be coming out to support the game. The Teen Leadership students have also worked incredibly hard to organize the event, teams, and funds, including designing and selling a t shirt to commemorate the game.

“I think one of the coolest parts about the game is that some of the life skills students get to sit on the court and even try and play,” Tanner said. “It reminds teachers why we do the things that we do and how we can affect our students.

The faculty basketball game supports our friends in the Life Skills program and our favorite teacher rivalries, it is an annual tradition you don’t want to miss!