“When Are My Admissions Due?” A Guide to Admissions

Shajid Hasan, Editor

Oh no! Admissions are starting up and you still haven’t started your college application! Many are panicking and worrying about when their college apps are due. Well, worry no longer! Most in state college are taking their applications a little bit later this year, but don’t use this as an excuse to procrastinate any longer. Start your college app today at applytexas.org!

Texas A&M:

The application portal opened on July 1 and will close for early action on October 15 (just for engineering majors however.) Admission closes on December 1, but all documents are due on December 8. Don’t take this as a buffer, however. Get your application in early because you never know if your reports will come in late.

More information can be found on the Texas A&M website.

Baylor University:

Baylor University’s early admission deadline is on November 1. If Baylor isn’t your first choice, regular admissions will end on February 1. You will be told if you make it into the school by December 1 if going for early admission or by April 10 if you go by regular admission.

More information can be found on the Baylor University website.

Rice University:

Rice has their regular decision deadline set at January 1 this year to compensate for the flooding. If Rice is your first option, the early action deadline is November 1.

More information can be found on Rice’s website.

Texas State:

Texas State’s deadline is July 1. Texas State does not hold early admissions, but they do have rolling admissions – which means that the earlier you apply, the earlier you are going to be told if you made it in or not.

More information can be found on Texas State’s website.

Texas Tech:

Texas Tech’s deadline is later, on August 1.

More information can be found on Texas Tech’s website.

University of Houston:

U-of-H will have their deadline on June 15. However, if you wish to be considered for any scholarships, U of H requires that you get all of your application in by Nov 15.

More information can be found on the University of Houston website.

University of North Texas:

The University of North Texas is having their admissions deadline fairly late. Admission is due on May 28 for summer classes and Mar 1 for the fall semester. However, UNT advises that you get your application in before Feb 1 to make sure that all you financial aid goes through.

More information can be found on the UNT website.

University of Texas:

The University of Texas, and all schools in the UT system have a single deadline at Dec 1. Keep in mind, what was once automatic admission for the top-10 percent has been changed to the top-7 percent, per class.

More information can be found on UT’s website.

If you wish to go to an out-of-state or private school, be aware they will most likely be more expensive than an in state school. If your college isn’t listed here, you can find the deadlines on their admissions website or on the common application site.