Principal Hull Retires, Michael Maness Becomes Head Principal

Shajid Hasan, Editor

After six years at Cypress Ranch High School (and forty years in education), Head Principal Robert Hull has decided to retire after the fall 2017 semester. Michael Maness will fill the roll when students return in the spring.

“Our campus has excelled under Mr. Hull’s leadership,” Associate Principal Jason Tullos said. “Now we have a chance to excel under Mr. Maness’s leadership in the near future.  We will continue to be great as long as we choose to be.”

On Wednesday, December 13, the faculty and staff of Cypress Ranch held a reception for Principal Hull. A majority of the Cypress Ranch staff was in attendance to celebrate not only Principal Hull’s time at Ranch, but his long and very successful career as an educator and administrator.

Principal Hull is well-liked among students at Cypress Ranch, and will be missed by the faculty and staff as well. A great administrator and master of delegation, Principal Hull knows that the only way to bring success to Cypress Ranch is by hiring the best people, and letting those people do their jobs.

“I could never teach chemistry,” Hull said at his retirement reception. “So I find and hire the best people who can, and I let them do their job. I’ve always believed that’s what a great administrator should do.”

Principal Hull received a zero-gravity chair as a gift from the staff.

Michael Maness, currently Head Principal at Spillane Middle School, will be moved to Cypress Ranch in the spring.  Maness has been teaching for twenty-four years. This is is first high school position.

On Friday, November 17, Maness sent out a letter to the entire staff of Ranch. “I look forward to meeting you all, putting names with faces, and learning more about what each of you do,” he said. “I look forward to getting to know you personally.”

Maness should be a familiar face for some students here at Ranch, as he used to be at Warner Elementary. Some students remember Maness for his Hannah Montana Hoedown Throwdown dance, which he performed for the school after STAAR tests.