Signing Day for Cy Ranch Football Players

Janay Walls, Writer

Coach Gene Johnson proudly hosted the National Letter of Intent Signing Day event for four of his varsity  football players on Wednesday, Feb 5.  These young men will take the Mustang spirit with them as they commit to play for colleges across the United States.  Family, friends, administration, and teammates gathered in the LGI to support the players in their decisions to play college football.

Jacoby Gaylor, a stand out defensive back, will play with the Angelo State University in the fall.  Jacoby will major in Kinesiology and is eager to get back on the field.  Mustang quarterback, Cole Martin, is Sam Houston State University’s newest Bearkat football team member.  Cole will be a Business major  and is looking forward  to having his family  attend his games.

Justin Snow, a strong defensive end,  is ready to make the move to Concordia University in Seward, Nebraska, major in Business and Finance, and play football.   The Bulldogs had a winning season and  are fortunate to have Snow join their team.  The South Dakota School of Mines has Brady Vinson joining the Miners’ offensive lineup.  Vinson spent his junior year on the injured list after  a strong high school start.  Returning his senior year to help the mustangs on and off the field, he will major in Mechanical Engineering.

As an additional bonus,  L.J. Beckford signed with Angelo State University on Feb. 13, and will join Gaylor in the fall to play with the Rams.

The coaching staff congratulated and took photographs with each athlete, visited, and celebrated with refreshments. The great accomplishments of these students will keep the recruiters focused on the outstanding football program and its athletes at Cy Ranch High School. The players would like to thank the dedicated coaches, parents, and students who made their last year of high school football a remarkable year.